Gabrielle's Life and Writings

Gabrielle Lawson, writer of Fanfiction. I will use this space to keep a journal about my writing, the progress I'm making, stories I'm working on, writer's blocks I'm having, our adoption process and progress and just life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

I'm multifaceted and highly educated. I have a BA in History and an MA in Museum Studies. But I couldn't make a living in a museum, so my hobby--computers--became my living. I'm now a charter member Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician. I aspire to be a professional writer and/or poet. I am a Christian and have been living by His grace for the last four years or so, despite the MegaStress and now the GigaStress. He keeps me going, and displays His glory still, in my life.

Wednesday, June 11, 2003

I love writing, but sometimes it's hard


The swapping chapters thing started out fairly well. I was writing a chapter of each story in about three weeks each. But now....

I think when I finished Chapter 11 of The Journey, I could easily have gone on writing Chapter 12 and ended the story. I even thought about doing so when Chapter 13 of Faith proved so hard (because of one scene I was stuck on until I found myself pacing around a gazebo in the park near my house). But I didn't. I stuck it out. I wrote Faith 13.

Now it's The Journey's turn and well...I'm not there anymore. I'm trying to be there. In fact, I just reread over chapters 10 and 11. And I found a bunch of typos in chapter 11. And with ff.net not quite up to par yet, I can't upload a fresh copy.... But anywho.... I've written four paragraphs and they just don't seem to flow with the story. And I'm getting sleepy.

Such cruel irony! I want to write and yet I can't.

And my imagination really wants me to continue with Faith, chapter 14. I know just how it will start! But my TYR readers have been waiting quite a while for the end of this story. And I'm so close to the end. One chapter and it is done! Then I won't have to worry anymore about trying to have my imagination keep up with the chapter swapping. One more chapter and it's all Faith from there.

And I guess I'm stalling by sitting here writing in a blog....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home