Gabrielle's Life and Writings

Gabrielle Lawson, writer of Fanfiction. I will use this space to keep a journal about my writing, the progress I'm making, stories I'm working on, writer's blocks I'm having, our adoption process and progress and just life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

I'm multifaceted and highly educated. I have a BA in History and an MA in Museum Studies. But I couldn't make a living in a museum, so my hobby--computers--became my living. I'm now a charter member Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician. I aspire to be a professional writer and/or poet. I am a Christian and have been living by His grace for the last four years or so, despite the MegaStress and now the GigaStress. He keeps me going, and displays His glory still, in my life.

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Diet and Training Update


The diet is going well! I've lost 25 pounds and feel a lot better about my appearance! I had a break day (a day off the diet--I get one a month) on Sunday and promptly gained 1.5 pounds, but lost them again the next day! And there are so many more low-calorie snacks out now that it's quite easy to not feel like I'm going hungry. Only problem is that there is such a variety out there that I want to eat those snacks and thus end up limiting my calories for dinner. I need 520 for a frozen pizza and a cup of milk, 400 for waffles and milk, but less for some other things.

And training. I've kept up-to-date, mostly, with the schedule I was given for the time before Kick-off. I walked a total of 10 miles last week, and I've already walked 9 this week. And so far, I'm keeping my pace of 4mph through it. The longest distance I've walked at one time, so far, is 5 miles and it took just 1 1/25 hours. I need to walk three miles on Wednesday (though I may have to switch to Thursday because of choir practice) and then 6 miles to start next week on Saturday.

The four miles yesterday was a lot easier than the four miles last Saturday, but that could be contributed to the weather perhaps as much as to my training. It rained on Saturday while I walked. And it was still quite cool last evening. It should be a bit warmer tomorrow and Thursday so we'll see how I do.

No. :-( I haven't written anymore of The Honored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home