Gabrielle's Life and Writings

Gabrielle Lawson, writer of Fanfiction. I will use this space to keep a journal about my writing, the progress I'm making, stories I'm working on, writer's blocks I'm having, our adoption process and progress and just life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

I'm multifaceted and highly educated. I have a BA in History and an MA in Museum Studies. But I couldn't make a living in a museum, so my hobby--computers--became my living. I'm now a charter member Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician. I aspire to be a professional writer and/or poet. I am a Christian and have been living by His grace for the last four years or so, despite the MegaStress and now the GigaStress. He keeps me going, and displays His glory still, in my life.

Thursday, September 02, 2004

End of the month, end of the money


Actually, there wasn't any money at the end of the month, then I got paid on the last day of the month, and now I'm broke again.

All the bills are paid, which is good. But I don't have enough for gas and groceries for the next two weeks until I get paid again. I had to buy a new motherboard (got one cheap off eBay) and video card (found one cheaper than eBay). So now I'm nearly penniless all over again.

Remember that the Train to End Stroke campaign costs me. Yes, I'm asking for donations and I don't have to pay the marathon fee, the hotel stay or the plane fare. But I have to buy appropriate clothes (which I've found on eBay for much cheaper than in the stores) and envelopes and stamps and ink, and paper, etc. 100 stamps is $37! So yeah, it's costing me. And right now, I can't even work on it, because the computer that had all the TTES information in it is the one which is waiting on the delivery of that new motherboard.

Needless to say, the stress is keeping me from writing. ;-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home