Gabrielle's Life and Writings

Gabrielle Lawson, writer of Fanfiction. I will use this space to keep a journal about my writing, the progress I'm making, stories I'm working on, writer's blocks I'm having, our adoption process and progress and just life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

I'm multifaceted and highly educated. I have a BA in History and an MA in Museum Studies. But I couldn't make a living in a museum, so my hobby--computers--became my living. I'm now a charter member Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician. I aspire to be a professional writer and/or poet. I am a Christian and have been living by His grace for the last four years or so, despite the MegaStress and now the GigaStress. He keeps me going, and displays His glory still, in my life.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I Hate My Job

I didn't used to. In fact, I rather like it. I liked the people I worked for and with. I liked my duties. And I liked the technology. Now, well, I have problems with all of that.

I won't go into why here. Double-standards mostly. And selective memory. Lack of documentation, standardization and communication.

That and Microsoft's Passport Logon pop-up that has no business popping up when I use a plain shortcut to a network share on our corporate network. Happens every time. And doesn't work, even if I do try to log in. Microsoft's support team has been wrestling with that one for about 15 e-mails and still doesn't get it. Even asked me to try it logged in as the Administrator. Which, uh, wouldn't allow me to access the network anyway. That's my problem with the technology. I'm so dang frustrated with Microsoft. Ah, but I still have it on all but one of my computers at home.

On, on a brighter front, I get to teach a course of Fanfiction: Writing for Internet Fan Audiences for community education through Communiversity at UMKC. 8 sessions for just $20. Starts June 11. I'm really looking forward to this! Go to Communiverity's site to register if you're in the KC area and interested.

    Status of Stories
  • Secret Penname's story: Working on Chapter 10. (And posted chapters 1-9 to my website, but you'll have to guess my secret penname's first name to see it.)
  • No other stories presently being worked on. Some still exist in limbo.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home