Gabrielle's Life and Writings

Gabrielle Lawson, writer of Fanfiction. I will use this space to keep a journal about my writing, the progress I'm making, stories I'm working on, writer's blocks I'm having, our adoption process and progress and just life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

I'm multifaceted and highly educated. I have a BA in History and an MA in Museum Studies. But I couldn't make a living in a museum, so my hobby--computers--became my living. I'm now a charter member Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician. I aspire to be a professional writer and/or poet. I am a Christian and have been living by His grace for the last four years or so, despite the MegaStress and now the GigaStress. He keeps me going, and displays His glory still, in my life.

Friday, December 12, 2003

Money is still a problem, but sisterly stress has let up


Motherly stress went away as both my mom and I said we'd said our last. Mom doesn't bring it up anymore. Neither do I. At least, not to her.

Sisterly stress has fallen to a backburner. The situation has not been resolved with Sister #1. She's not talking to me and I'm thankful for it. I, of course, am not talking to her. I'm not going to admit that I'm a cold, compassionless, automaton. I think she has memory problems worse than mine. I won't bother with her until she retracts.

Presently, she has dislocated her shoulder so I'm pretty sure she's got other things on her mind. And yes, I did ask how she was doing and how she did it and all those sympathetic questions she doesn't think I'm capable of.

Sister #2. We haven't talked since our last pleasant conversation. Given Sister #1's shoulder, I'm sure the timetable for getting Sister #2's stuff and kittens has been pushed back a bit. A shame about the kittens. With three of them, I don't think my Christmas tree will last until Christmas. I'd have a better chance with only one.

So have I written?

Yes. Not much mind you. I would have to have the unfortunate luck to get stressed right when I was embarking on a very difficult bit, that never-before-seen stuff in Trek fanfic. Not easy to write and pull off. So I've only written a little. But at least I wrote. It's a breakthrough.

And I'm working with two betas to clean up any remaining problems in The Journey for posting to the Writer's Ranch. They are also going to take a look at The Hardest Thing so maybe I can find an ending for that short story. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home